Laser Hair Removal
Unwanted hair can be a big problem for those of us suffering with it. It could even affect the way we feel about ourselves. Bedford Skin Clinic can help. We offer a state of the art Candela laser (Gentlelase/Yag) machine that can treat all skin types. Our team is led by a qualified Doctor and the therapists are extensively trained and experienced.
Laser hair removal is a rapid, safe and gentle way of removing unwanted hair, and is medically proven to give you permanent hair reduction after the treatment is complete. Traditionally, hair removal techniques such as shaving, plucking and waxing, provide only temporary relief and may actually stimulate hair growth. Electrolysis, while effective and ideal for white, grey and blonde hairs, often requires years of ongoing and frequently painful treatments. All of these methods may result in scarring, allergic reactions, and ingrown hairs.
How does laser treatment lead to permanent hair reduction?
The primary principle behind laser hair removal is selective photothermolysis. It means that Lasers cause localised damage by selectively heating melanin and the hair follicle while not heating the rest of the skin. This leads to permanent hair reduction once the course of treatment is completed.
Lasers have been used for hair removal since 1995. Unfortunately, there is no single laser or light system that is obviously better than any other – each system has its strengths and weaknesses.
Some systems are fast, effective but can only be used on light skin – other systems can treat dark skin. Only by offering all of the options can the best system be chosen for your individual hair and skin.
We operate 2 different laser hair removal systems. At Bedford Skin Clinic We will recommend what is best for you.
Our laser hair removal systems: At Bedford Skin Clinic our state of art laser machine has Gentle LASE Alexandrite and Gentle YAG systems
The GentleLASE 755 nm alexandrite laser is our premier laser for removing hair. The GentleLASE treats all skin types quickly, comfortably and effectively. We recommend its use in lighter skin types. And only Candela lasers feature the Dynamic Cooling Device (DCDTM) to maximize your safety and comfort.
The GentleYAG is the fastest and most powerful Nd: YAG laser on the market today. It effectively treats all skin types, including tanned skin, offering unmatched treatment capabilities in permanent hair reduction. We recommend its use for our darker skin types. This system also offers the Dynamic Cooling Device offering you safety and comfort.
Advantages of Laser hair Removal:
- Laser hair removal is relatively safe.
- Laser hair removal can result in permanent removal of unwanted hair up to 95% of the hair after the recommended course of treatment is completed.
- Laser hair removal procedure is quicker and more effective than other hair removal methods such as electrolysis.
- Laser hair removal is very effective treatment for ingrown hairs
- Laser hair removal treatments have no or little down time.
- At Bedford Skin Clinic Laser hair removal treatments are carried out by professionals with years of experience in this specialty.
- The procedure is only slightly uncomfortable and well tolerated. We have a patented Dynamic Cooling Device that increases your safety and comfort.
- Laser hair removal can be carried out in clients with all skin types including dark skin.
Most of the people believe that the laser treatments are expensive. At Bedford Skin Clinic not only the treatment is carried out by highly trained and experienced professionals using state of art laser systems, also our prices are cheaper than most of the laser clinics in the country.
For price list please visit the price list page.